Bereavement care is an essential component of hospice care that includes, anticipating grief reactions and providing ongoing support for the bereaved over a period of 13 months.
Following is the our focus in regards to bereavement care
• Helping family members understand and move forward in the grief process by facilitating their expression of thoughts and feelings and helping them identify or develop and utilize healthy coping strategies
• Helping families problem-solve around adjustment issues
• Providing guidance about decision making
• Addressing social and spiritual concerns
• Assisting survivors to adapt to an environment without the deceased while experiencing a continued (transformed) relationship with the deceased.